Our massage team is well versed in a variety of techniques for your massage needs such as Swedish, Deep Tissue, Cross friction, and more. Whether you are looking to relax after a stressful day or just trying to recover from a car accident, they will be able to fit your massage needs. They also coordinate their care with our doctors if the patients are getting both chiropractic and massage done for their treatment. Having everyone under one roof allows for better communication between providers and therefore better coordination of care.
Some insurance carriers are now requiring that a doctor write a referral for their insurances to cover massage. Our doctors of chiropractic do write referrals for patients that are only seeking massage services. Simply ask our billing department to verify your benefits, and we will be able to tell you whether your insurance carrier requires a referral for your massage.
Support your active lifestyle
Massage relieves tired and sore muscle, improves flexibility, speeds recovery from strenuous exertion, and reduces anxiety of athletic competition.
Combats negative effects of aging
By keeping the body tissues in a more youthful state massage can enhance tissue elasticity and joint flexibility. It also helps to improve blood and lymph circulation, and immune system function.
Relieves the effects of stress
Therapeutic massage helps to balance the effects of stress in our lives, and avoid stress related disease and dysfunction. Massage works to trigger the Relaxation Response, reduce anxiety, normalize blocked energy flow and restore calm mind and feeling of well-being.
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays.
- If you are thinking that massage might benefit you, give us a call at 425.827.2225
15230 NE 24th St
Redmond, WA 98052